JCSI Tutoring Offers Exceptional ACT Preparation Services
Math tutor Joseph D’Agostino will help you perform your best on the ACT. He will familiarize you with the ACT format, introduce you to sample ACT questions, provide you the opportunity to practice in a simulated test setting, and teach you the tips and techniques for successful ACT test taking.
ACT – American College Testing
The ACT is recognized throughout the world as the admissions test that allows you to show colleges and universities what you have learned in school. The ACT allows you to demonstrate your knowledge of high school level English, Mathematics, Reading, Science, and an optional Writing Test. Students of all grades and ages are eligible to take the ACT starting in grade 6 through middle and high school. Colleges and universities use the ACT as one factor in admissions decisions.
While the ACT tests your knowledge of the subjects you are learning in high school, the SAT allows you to demonstrate your abilities in these subjects. Colleges and universities use your scores on the SAT to predict your academic success in higher education.
The ACT tests five subject areas:
- English: punctuation, grammar, usage, sentence structure, organization, and writing style
- Mathematics: mathematics subject matter up to twelfth-grade curriculum, including basic formulas and computational skills
- Reading: multiple-choice questions demonstrating comprehension of presented passages
- Science: multiple-choice questions relating to Earth science, physical science, and biology
- Optional Writing: state a position based on an issue presented by a writing prompt
Performing well on the ACT is a direct result of doing your best and studying hard in high school. Take courses that are challenging, and master your course work. Develop your reading and writing skills, and practice writing both in and out of school. Use ACT practice tests to familiarize yourself with the test format, the types of questions, and how to manage your time during testing periods.
Contact JCSI Tutoring
For more information about Bucks County math tutor Joseph J. D’Agostino, or for answers to general questions about tutoring in all areas of math, SAT prep, ACT prep, statistics, English, Latin, French, and physics, please contact JCSI Tutoring today.